Passion for Whisky (passionforwhisky.com) is part of Passion for Whisky (general partnership), registered in the Netherlands under Chamber of Commerce number 71860665 and located at Prinses Irenelaan 359-361, 2285 GA Rijswijk, The Netherlands. Any reference to "we" "us" and "our" is a reference to this entity. We are the data controller for the application of data protection legislation.
Passion for Whisky strives to store the minimum amount of information about you so that you can make purchases and we can make recommendations. We never sell your personal information and/or email address to third parties.
What information can we collect about you?
We can collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registration to use one of our services. In other words information provided during the checkout process when purchasing goods or requesting further services or information you provide when participating in a promotion by Passion for Whisky. We may also ask you for information when you have a problem with our site or the ordering process.
- If you contact us, we can archive that correspondence.
- Information you provide us in surveys conducted by us (subject to your prior permission).
- We can collect information about the device used by you, including (if available) your IP address (Internet Protocol), for fraud protection.
- We can also collect information about the operating system and browser type of your device, for system management, and (if applicable) to report usage information to our advertisers. This concerns statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies allow us to collect the following information: details about your visits to our site, including but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, as required for your own billing or otherwise.
How do we store your data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
With all information we receive from you, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access. While we do our utmost to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of transfer of the data you send to our site. Each transfer to our site is at your own risk.
How do we use your information?
We can use the information about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information or services that you have requested from us.
- To inform you about the progress of your order.
- To fulfill obligations arising from contracts or agreements entered into between you and us, for example, to deliver your order to the correct address or make your payment possible.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of our services.
- To ensure that the content of our site is presented in the most effective way for you and for your device.
- To help you complete a purchase.
- To improve our site and services.
- To inform you about changes in our goods or services.
- To perform fraud control.
- To (if applicable) publish product reviews on our website and marketing material, subject to prior permission.
- To conduct customer experience research based on information provided by you in a survey, subject to prior permission.
- To send you periodic information via e-mail, subject to prior permission. You can at any time also use the unsubscribe option used in our communication.
We will never sell your personal information and/or e-mail address to third parties.
If we change the way we use your information you will be informed about this beforehand and this document will be adapted accordingly.
Legal bases on which we collect and process personal data
1. The person concerned has given us permission for the processing of the personal data.
2. Processing is necessary for the execution of an agreement.
3. Processing is necessary to be able to fulfill a legal obligation.
4. Processing is necessary for the protection of the legitimate interests of the controller.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or (if applicable) provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can at any time unsubscribe from our e-mail newsletter by clicking the link at the bottom of each newsletter or by requesting us to remove your email address from our files at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do we share your information with?
To make your order possible, we make your personal information known to third parties, including:
- Postal service organizations to assist in the delivery of goods you ordered.
- Organizations that help complete and pay a purchase of goods to us such as financial institutions, including banks, credit card companies and other payment providers.
- Organizations providing customer feedback services, subject to prior permission.
- In case we sell our company and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the potential buyer of our company or assets.
- If we need to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a statutory obligation; or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or to protect our rights, property or safety from our customers or others.
How long do we keep your data?
For fiscal reasons, we keep information such as invoices, receipt confirmations and other documents (which may contain personal information) for a minimum of 7 years after which time these will be destroyed.
Your information we use for marketing purposes is kept with us until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Outbound links on our website
Our site may contain links to and from websites of partner networks and advertisers. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites may apply other terms or policies to your personal data collection and we do not accept any liability for this policy.
Access, update and correct your data
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. If the information you provided to us changes, for example, if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct information by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your rights under the GDPR
The European Data Protection Law (GDPR) gives you the right to access, update and correct information about you. You also have the right to be forgotten and can ask us to delete or anonimize all personal information we have about you in our files.
If you want a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can contact us in writing:
Wijn- en Whiskyspecialist van der Boog
Prinses Irenelaan 359-361
2285 GA Rijswijk
We will respond within 4 weeks after we receive your request.
Please be aware that we are unable to delete your personal information as long as there is a legal obligation to store these data (e.g. for tax purposes) or as long as we have a legal obligation towards you. For example: if you have made a claim under warranty.
If you make use of the right to "limit the processing of personal data" or provide incomplete information, this has consequences. For example we will not be able to find your warranty information.
Last updated: June 2018